The Reference Section of the library consists of printed materials, computers, microfilm reader/printer, periodicals, geneoloical records and archives, and more.
Our reference staff is willing to answer your questions and assist you either in person or by telephone.
Available at the Thomasville Public Library
- Readers’ advisory
- Free computer classes
- GALILEO instruction
- Test procturing (call for availablities)
- Thomas County information
- Periodials and microfilm
- City and state maps and information
- Foundation Center & Funding Network specific computer station
- Federal & state tax forms (also found: IRS.gov & Gerorgia.gov)
- **IRS Tax Reform 2018 : Thunderclap Invitation and Q&A
- Access Newspaper Archive
- U.S Civics and Citizenship Toolkit
- African American obituaries
- Georgia Geneological materials
Are you interested on improving your reading skills or know of someone who might be? Contact Samantha Hanchett at 229-225-5252 or email@example.com for more information about Adult Literacy.
Access Newspaper Archive
Thomas County Public Library System is proud to announce the service of Access Newspaper Archive.
Newspaperarchive.com has digitized the Thomas County Public Library local newspaper collection from 1861-1976. One can now search for love ones and events easily. This service can be accessed ONLY in your local Thomasville Public Library branch.
The South Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive
The South Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive provides online access to fifteen newspaper titles published in nine south Georgia cities (Albany, Americus, Bainbridge, Brunswick, Cuthbert, Thomasville, Tifton, Valdosta, and Waycross) from 1845 to 1922. Consisting of over 81,000 newspaper pages, the archive provides historical images that are both full-text searchable and can be browsed by date. These archives can be accessed through GALILEO.