TCPLS Job Openings
Custodian – 19 hrs weekly
The Thomas County Public Library System is currently searching for an enthusiastic person for the position of part-time library custodian.
This is an hourly, part-time position; 19 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Our current custodian will continue to work evening hours while the new custodian will work morning hours beginning at 8:00 am. Majority of the work will be performed at the Thomasville Library, however, the new custodian will also perform cleaning duties at each of the branches twice monthly, including the libraries in Boston, Coolidge, Meigs, Ochlocknee, and Pavo.
- Ensure library is prepared for opening by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- As needed, sweep/mop floors and vacuum
- Wash and sanitize toilets and sinks; restock disposables (e.g. soap, towels, etc)
- Pick up any exterior trash and empty trash containers in parking lot and around front entrance of the library
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of cleaning materials
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Good physical condition and strength
- Highly dependable with strong attention to detail
- Must have reliable transportation
Education: High school graduate or equivalent required.
Submit application or resume with position applying for in a sealed envelope to the Circulation Desk at the Thomas County Public Library, 201 Madison Street, Thomasville or email resume to email@example.com
Deadline to apply is Friday, July 13 by 5 pm.
Children’s Assistant – 19hrs weekly
The Thomas County Public Library System is currently accepting applications and resumes for a part-time Children’s Assistant. This is a 19 hour per week position working a schedule of evenings (twice a week) and weekend shifts.
Ideal candidates must be 16 years or older and possess an enthusiastic and out-going personality; enjoy working with children ranging from birth to 11 years of age; be creative, artistic and comfortable with using various types of technology; and most importantly be reliable, flexible and punctual.
Duties will include -
- Assisting patrons of all ages and abilities find information and resources throughout the library- focusing on the use of the Children’s Area materials.
- Showing patrons how to use the library resources, including the computers.
- Assisting Children’s Manager with programs for children.
- Maintaining and keep current all award books (Newberry, Caldecott, GA Nominees, etc).
- Helping to create bulletin boards and displays.
- Maintaining order of children’s area by monitoring children’s behavior.
- Keeping shelves and materials neat and ready for use.
- Shelving library materials.
- Closing the library when scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates should return a completed application or drop off a resume to the Children’s Manager, Amanda Redker. You may also email resumes to her at Amanda@tcpls.org with the subject: Children’s Assistant. Amanda will answer any further questions you may have regarding the role.
Deadline to apply is Friday, July 29 by 5 pm.