Freebies at the Library
Get ready to explore and discover what Georgia has to offer for free! Simply visit your local library and checkout a pass using your current library card. Each pass checks out for 7 days. Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved. Call your local library for availability.
GEORGIA STATE PARKS PASS
Includes a parking pass for free parking, family pass for free admission for 4 visitors to any historic site operated by the Georgia State Parks Recreation and Historic Sites, and park guide complete with tips on hiking trails, fishing spots, cabins, event venues, and campsite locations.
GO FISH! EDUCATION CENTER FAMILY PASS
Up to 4 visitors in possession of the family pass will be admitted at no charge.
The Go Fish! Education Center Offers:
- Freshwater aquariums full of bass, trout, and many other species
- Exploration of Georgia’s underwater habitats, from mountain streams to blackwater swamps
- Going face-to-face with alligators and other aquatic wildlife
- Skills testing on fishing and hunting simulators
- Outdoor fishing ponds
- A state-of-the-art hatchery where you can gain knowledge on the raising of fish
Let’s go to the zoo!
Thanks to an exciting new partnership with the Georgia Public Library Service, Georgia residents can check out the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass for free admission for a family of four. One pass is available for checkout at each participating branch and may be checked out once per year, per household.
How do I use the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass?
- Check out the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass DVD at your local library. (No self-checkout; DVD must be checked out at the library front desk.) When you return the DVD to your library, you will receive a receipt. Please save this receipt; it is required for Zoo admission. It is redeemable for Monday through Friday only, including holidays or school breaks. The pass is valid for 28 days from the date of the receipt showing the return of the DVD.
- Present your Zoo Atlanta Library Pass receipt and your library card at the Zoo Atlanta front gate for admission.
- Pass is valid for up to four guests; standard general admission will apply to families larger than four. The pass is valid for general admission only and may not be used for fee-based events or programs. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion; may not be redeemed for cash.
- If the DVD is lost or damaged, a $30 replacement fee will be charged by the library system. Overdue fines will be charged for late returns.
PUPPETRY ARTS PASS
Thanks to a new partnership between the Center for Puppetry Arts and Georgia's Public Libraries, Georgia families can now pay a free visit to Big Bird, the Fraggles, Wayland Flowers' Madame, and a host of other popular puppet character. Those with valid library cards can check out the Center's new "Passport to Puppetry" at any participating public library in all 159 Georgia counties.
The "Passport to Puppetry" is valid for up to four free museum admissions. Parties with children must include at least one adult. In addition to admissions, the pass also entitles patrons to attend a performance at the Center and/or participate in a Create-a-Puppet Workshop at a 25% discount, when space is available.
The museum provides educational fun with more than 350 puppets from around the world, highlighting the fact that every civilization on our planet has its own unique form of puppetry tradition.
MICHAEL C. CARLOS MUSEUM PASS
Through the partnership of between the Michael C. Carlos Museum and Georgia Public Library System, families can visit the museum for free. Individuals and families with a valid Georgia library card can now check out a Family Pass to the Carlos Museum for six people at more than 400 participating libraries across all 159 Georgia counties.
Programs for children and families at the Carlos Museum provide opportunities for children and teens to learn from artists of the ancient world in the galleries and from some of Atlanta’s best practicing artists in the studio.