Library Cards & Your Account
Library cards are free to all residents of Georgia. If you attend school, own property, or are employed in Georgia, you are eligible for a free PINES card, valid at over 275 participating libraries in Georgia. Out-of-state library cards may be issued for a $25 annual fee or $12.50 for six months. With a PINES library card, you can:
- check out books, audiobooks, magazines and DVDs
- place holds and access your online account
- access library databases from home
- download audiobooks, ebooks and magazines
- use the library’s public computer and internet
- connect to Wi-Fi at all TCPLS locations
Library Cards for Children & Teens
There is no age limit to apply for a library card. Children under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present and sign their library card application when applying for a card. For a child to access the Internet, parent/guardians must be present in the library (if child is under the age of 12) and constent to our Internet and Computer Policies and Regulations. All fines/fees are the responsiblity of the parent/guardian.
How to Get a Library Card
To get a library card, fill out an application a bring it to any Thomas County Public Library location along with a valid ID listiing your current address. Library cards are vaild for two years and can be renewed by visiting a library. If your library card is lost or stolen, report it immediately. Replacement cards are $2.00.
**JAN 1, 2021: With the current health situation, we are offering digital library cards, or e-cards, to anyone without an existing PINES account. This card will gain you access to our online resources only with the option to get a physical card whenever you are able to stop into your local library. A physical card will grant you access to PINES library materials. Click the link for a step-by-step tutorial for Patron Self-Registration.
Library Cards & Rules
Patron Conduct & Responsiblities
Thomas County Public Library System’s (TCPLS) mission is to provide open access to information, recreational and educational purposes. TCPLS is committed to provide its users an atmosphere and environment free from unnecessary distractions and conducive to the most efficient use of library facilities. The Library Board of Trustees has established Rules of Patron Conduct and Responsibilities so that library users and staff have a clean, pleasant, and safe environment. We need your cooperation to reach this goal.
The following are prohibited at all Thomas County Public Libraries:
- Engaging in any activity that would violate local, state, or federal criminal law, ordinance, or regulation
- Activities or behavior that may result in damage/theft of library property
- Animals, except for guide and service dogs
- Loud or disruptive noises or behavior
- Use of tobacco products, alcohol, or illegal drugs
- Food or drinks
- Rudeness, sexual misconduct, obscenities, or harassment
- Sleeping or bathing
- Not wearing shirt or shoes
- Posting/distributing unauthorized materials
- Entering unauthorized areas or being in the library during closed hours
- Leaving a child under 12 years of age unattended by an adult 18 years of age or over
Library personnel may ask persons who are exhibiting inappropriate behavior to modify their behavior. Noncompliance with the Library’s Patron Conduct and Responsibilities may result in an individual being required to leave the library premises or in arrest and prosecution for criminal trespass pursuant to the Official Code of Georgia 16-7-21.