The Thomasville Public Library contains 24 adult computer terminals (8 in our Teen Section and 8 in Children Section) with an additional four terminals in located in our Heritage Room. We offer a specifically programmed terminal for the Foundation Center research and grant writing.
- A PINES library card in good standing is required of Georgia residents to check out a computer.
- Out-of-state and foreign visitors may show a photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) to receive a guest pass to use a computer.
- Turn off or silence cell phones and other electronics while in the library.
- Walk-in only. Computers are available on a first come, first served basis. Patrons are assigned to the next open station. Personal preferences for computers are considered only if that computer is currently open.
Time limit: 1 hour per session
- Patrons are allowed two (2) one-hour long computer sessions each day. Repeat usage is limited if demand is high.
- Computers shut down 30 MINUTES before library closing each day.
- Children must be 13 years old to visit the library and/or use the computers by themselves.
- Children ages 12 and under must be continually supervised by an adult, age 18 or older, as a guardian while they use the library and/or computers.
- Children under 13 are encouraged to use the Children’s Room Computer Lab with adult supervision.
- Internet access is free of charge
- Copies are .10 cents per page for black and white; .50 cents for color
- The Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) is a federal law enacted by Congress in December 2000 to address concerns about access to offensive content over the Internet on school and library computers. In order to receive federal funding, all library computers have filters which block certain websites. Staff cannot remove or bypass these filters.
- Software of any kind may NOT be installed or used on library computers.
- Computer stations seat one person per computer. Only those registered for a computer may sit at the computer. Study rooms may be requested for those who need to seat 2 or more at a computer.
- Library computers are public use computers; therefore, privacy is not guaranteed.
Unacceptable Behavior may result in being banned/barred from the computers/library.
These actions may include, but are not limited to:
- Failure to pay for all printed copies. Ask for help before you print!
- Modifying any computer settings which may degrade or disrupt system performance
- Disruptive behavior (i.e. loud conversation, loud computer volume)
- Violating copyright laws regarding software, music, images, etc
- Using profanity or obscene language
- Pursuing illegal activities online
- Damaging equipment, software, data, or other patron’s property
- Viewing, storing, or printing files, messages, or images which are offensive to others
Study rooms are available for check-in at the Thomas County Public Library.
One group may occupy one room at any given time. Rooms come with one desk, one typewriter, and chairs.
Study Room Rules
- There is a maximum of 6-8 people per room.
- No food or drink is allowed in the study rooms.
- Young children should be under the control of a parent or guardian at all times. If a child becomes disruptive, the supervising adult must leave the study room to take the child to the lobby.
- Study room sessions are limited to one hour per person. Sessions may be extended so long as no one is waiting to use the study room.
- Rooms should be left in clean condition.
- During an emergency (i.e., a tornado warning or fire alarm) evacuation is mandatory.
- The Library is not responsible for the loss of personal items, nor for the loss of Library materials left in study rooms.
To read the full Computer and Internet Policy click: TCPLS Computer and Internet Policy
We Offer Computer Classes
Want to learn more about the new modern technology we are introduced to every day? Come join us during one of our computer classes instructed by our staff many days during the week featuring Microsoft Suite, Mango Languages, Google Suite, and more.
Thomas County Public Library, North Madison Street, Thomasville, GA, USAMon, Oct 18, 2021 10:00 AM EDTLooking for help learning the ins and outs of your computer? Got a new iPhone and don’t know how to use it? Would you like to learn how to get the most out of Microsoft Word? Book an appointment with a Reference staff member for a one-on-one help session. Tech Help is available by appointment only and not available in a group setting. Fill out the form here or call for more information.
Thomas County Public Library, North Madison Street, Thomasville, GA, USAMon, Oct 25, 2021 10:00 AM EDTLooking for help learning the ins and outs of your computer? Got a new iPhone and don’t know how to use it? Would you like to learn how to get the most out of Microsoft Word? Book an appointment with a Reference staff member for a one-on-one help session. Tech Help is available by appointment only and not available in a group setting. Fill out the form here or call for more information.