TCPLS Job Openings
Branch Assistant – Boston Carnagie Library Branch
The Thomas County Public Library System is currently looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and creative individual to serve as the library branch assistant of one of its county libraries located in Boston, Georgia.
This is a part-time position. Up to 19 hours per week, Monday through Thursday from 1.15pm – 6.00pm plus occasional weekends in Thomasville Branch.
- Assisting Branch Manager with programs for children and adults.
- Helping with bulletin boards, displays, and decorations.
- Assisting patrons in using the library resources, including computers.
- Checking materials in and out of the Branch, so that materials are accounted for.
- Maintaining order of the Branch by monitoring patrons’ behavior.
- Helping keep shelves and materials neat and ready for use.
- Cleaning library between regular maintenance visits.
- May need to work alone to open, operate, and close the Branch, in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and creative.
- Must have positive attitude, excellent computer skills, and good written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, patience, and courtesy when working with children and adults with differing needs and abilities.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent recommended, some college preferred
Submit application or resume to the Circulation Desk at the Thomas County Public Library or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.