TCPLS Job Openings
Salary: Depends on experience and qualifications Hours: 40 hours per week (including occasional weekends)
Education: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent, some college preferred.
Qualifications: At least three years previous experience is required.
The Thomas County Public Library System is currently seeking a dependable, flexible and creative individual to fulfill the responsibilities of Processing Manager.
TCPLS is seeking candidates who possess a positive attitude, good judgement, and patience. Must have excellent attention to detail, stellar organizational skills and quality written/oral communication skills. High computer proficiency required.
- Order all materials as requested by Director.
- Receive all newly acquired materials and check against shipping lists and invoices. Notify Director of discrepancies. Certify invoices for payment.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of cataloging for all of the library system’s materials, and processing procedures for the items. This includes purchased items and donated items.
- Supervise and evaluate processing department staff – currently 2 part time employees.
- Prepare monthly statistical report.
- Maintain inventory of processing and mending supplies.
- Oversee mending of books and AV materials, new labels, and other repairs.
- Close library when scheduled.
- Help with book sale room counting and posting books sale monies for Friends of the Library. Work book sale room as needed.
- GADD/Overdrive: Run statistical reports for GADD monthly. Answer emails concerning help with GADD accounts and Overdrive questions.
- Handle lost, damaged & long overdue items.
- Compare monies and lost/damaged slips to the computer to assure collections were done properly. Turn monies in for deposit. Reorder and remove books at the proper time.
- Work weekends in rotation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Email a resume and cover letter to Business Manager, Donna Jones, at Business@TCPLS.ORG. Or complete an application obtainable at any TCPLS library, specifying the job title you are seeking.
Branch Assistant – Coolidge Branch
Salary: Hourly rate, $11/hr Hours: Up to 19 hours per week; M-Th 1:30-6:00 PM / Plus occasional weekends in Thomasville.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent, some college preferred.
The Thomas County Public Library is seeking a creative, warm and welcoming individual to fulfill the role of Branch Assistant at our Coolidge location.
Excellent computer proficiency and stellar written/oral communication skills are required.
Must possess a positive attitude and demonstrate judgement, patience and courtesy when working with all citizens who patronize the library, including children and those with differing needs and abilities. This is a role that works directly with the public.
- Assist Branch Manager with programs for children and adults, especially during the Summer Reading Program/Challenge.
- Help with bulletin boards, displays, and decorations.
- May be asked to assist at another branch library, depending on availability of regular branch staff.
- Show patrons how to use the library resources, including computers; teaching ability is necessary.
- Issue library cards to patrons of all ages.
- Check materials in and out of the Branch, accounting for all material movement.
- Maintain order of the Branch by monitoring patrons’ behavior.
- Help keep shelves and materials neat, clean and ready for use.
- Help clean library between regular maintenance visits.
- May need to work alone to open, operate, and close the Branch, in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Email a resume to Business Manager, Donna Jones, at Business@TCPLS.ORG. Or complete an application obtainable at any TCPLS library, specifying the job title you are seeking.