TCPLS Job Openings
The Thomas County Public Library System is currently accepting applications and resumes for a part-time Children’s Assistant. This is a 19 hour per week position working an alternating schedule of evening (until 8pm), day and weekend shifts.
Ideal candidates must be 16 years or older and possess an enthusiastic and out-going personality; enjoy working with children ranging from birth to 11 years of age; be creative, artistic and comfortable with using various types of technology; and most importantly be reliable, flexible and punctual.
Duties will include -
- Assisting patrons of all ages and abilities find information and resources throughout the library- focusing on the use of the Children’s Area materials.
- Showing patrons how to use the library resources, including the computers.
- Assisting Children’s Manager with programs for children.
- Maintaining and keep current all award books (Newberry, Caldecott, GA Nominees, etc).
- Helping to create bulletin boards and displays.
- Maintaining order of children’s area by monitoring children’s behavior.
- Keeping shelves and materials neat and ready for use.
- Shelving library materials.
- Closing the library when scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates should return a completed application or drop off a resume to the Children’s Manager, Amanda Redker. You may also email resumes to her at Amanda@tcpls.org with the subject: Children’s Assistant. Amanda will answer any further questions you may have regarding the role.