The InterLibrary Loan (also known by ILL) process allows our library system to borrow books and periodical articles that we do not own and that are not available within the PINES catalog. We cannot place ILL requests of materials that are available within PINES. Patorns may have up to 3 ILL requests at one time. This includes ILLs currently checked out as well as those that have been requested.
Please be sure to check our catalog before submitting a request to ILL. Our library staff is available to assit you both in house and via phone should you need help utilizing the site.
InterLibrary Loan Policies
- Your library card must be in good standing; meaning no fines or overdue materials.
- Any costs for borrowing or photocopies are passed on to the requesting patron.
- ILL items must be returned inside the branch and not in the bookdrop.
- Patron is responsible for the replacement costs of any lost items which may be $100 or more and is determined by the owing library.
- Loan period of 2 weeks, renewals determined by owing library.
- We cannot borrow bestsellers, books released in the last 6 months or audiovisual materials.
Please be aware that the following materials are hard to attain:
- Geneological material (photocopies can be requested at a charge).
- Old or rare books.
Book Request Form
If you have any additional questions regarding InterLibrary Loan, visit our ILL coordinator Tricia Jones in the Reference Department or call her at 229-225-5252.